Many people are unaware of how devastating fibromyalgia can be for the patient. Below are 16 Fibromyalgia signs and symptoms.
1. Extreme Fatigue: Feeling exhausted upon waking after a long night’s sleep is common for people with fibromyalgia. People with Fibromyalgia signs often describe the fatigue as being draining or like carrying dead weight. The fatigue can be so severe that a person has difficulty performing even the most basic daily tasks.
2. Musculoskeletal Pain:The widespread pain experienced by fibromyalgia sufferers is its hallmark fibromyalgia symptom. For pain to be considered to be widespread and be considered fibromyalgia pain, it must occur on either both sides of a person’s body or include pain both above and below the waist. This pain may also be centralized in specific trigger points on a person’s body that spread the pain to different regions when pressure is applied
4. Difficulty Concentrating:Lack of focus, inability to pay attention and memory lapses are all cognitive symptoms of fibromyalgia. Those with fibromyalgia often refer to this set of symptoms as “fibro fog.”
5. Sleep Disorders:Trouble falling or staying asleep is another Fibromyalgia signs. Many sufferers experience frequent night wakings and other disruptions that lead to further feelings of exhaustion during the day.
6. Irritable Bowel Syndrome:Although no one knows why, the majority of people with fibromyalgia also have this disorder. Diarrhea, constipation, pain and bloating and nausea are symptoms that are experienced by people with both of these disorders.
7. Irregular Heartbeat/Heart Palpitations:Cardiac symptoms can be especially upsetting to fibromyalgia patients, yet testing tends to reveal no underlying cause. Heart palpitations do tend to respond to deep breathing and other relaxation techniques.
8. Headaches:Chronic migraines affect more than half of those diagnosed with Fibromyalgia signs. The majority of these headaches are classified as causing severe pain, and they occur three or more times a week. Many people experience multiple headaches during a single day.